Supply Pack: 12 aerosol cans
Can size: 400ml
RRP: £11.50 inc VAT per can
Our Professional Matt Cellulose Sanding Sealer Spray can be used on a variety of surfaces, not just wood. It has been formulated for us to produce a tough surface for our finishes to adhere to.
Non-darkening, the spray is ideal for use over applied colours like the Intrinsic Colour Collection. Without having to wipe or brush on the sealer, you can be sure there will be no further bleeding or blending of the colours.
Dry in 5 – 15 minutes, this product works best when cut back, or lightly sanded either between coats, or after the final coat for a smooth surface to accept your final finish. Drying time may vary depending on ambient temperature and humidity.
One or two coats of the Pro Matt Sanding Sealer spray is generally enough to seal the wood. More or fewer coats may be required depending on the porosity of the piece you are working on.
This is the method we recommended for using our Professional Matt Sanding Sealer Spray for an even surface before final finishing.
– Sand your work down smooth to at least 400 grit and ensure surface is free from dust, grease and moisture. Clean the grain of dust if using (for example, ash);
– Shake can with the cap on for at least two minutes before use;
– Use appropriate PPE and apply in a well ventilated area. Protect lathe and surfaces;
– Using steady passes holding the can 200mm from the surface, apply an even coat;
– Once dry, we recommend lightly cutting back the surface for a smoother surface before applying subsequent coats;
– Apply a second coat of sealer and repeat above steps until surface is evenly coated;
– Before applying your final finish, lightly cut back the sealer once more to a create a smooth surface.
DANGER: Contains n-butyl acetate, Hydrocarbons, C9, aromatics, xylene, 2-ethoxy-1-methylethyl acetate Extremely flammable aerosol. Pressurised container. Flammable liquid and vapour. May cause drowsiness or dizziness. Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects. Do not expose to temperatures exceeding 50°C/122°F. Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking. Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking. Keep Away From Children. Avoid release to the environment. IF SWALLOWED or IN EYES: Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor. Do NOT induce vomiting. Dispose of contents/container in accordance with regional regulations.