DescriptionImaginative use of this product, combined with the others across the Hampshire Sheen range, will give you plenty of design and creative options. For the best possible finish, please make sure that the surface you are applying it to is perfectly smooth, free from dust, scratches and properly sealed..
Two Minute Tutorial
~ Basic Application
- Sand your work down smooth to at least 400 grit and ensure surface is free from dust, grease and moisture;
- Prepare the surface well with a suitable sealer and ensure it has fully dried. We recommend our Pro Spray Sealer when using this product;
- Shake can with the cap on for at lea – Avoid breathing spray – Use appropriate PPE and use in a well ventilated area;
- Apply light coats 200mm from the piece, giving time for the lacquer to dry between coats. Two coats is usually sufficient;
- Adding an overcoat of Hampshire Sheen Microcrystalline Wax will provide the piece fingerprint resistance without unduly increasing the level of shine.
~ UsesUse for finishing decorative wood-turned items on a lathe, flat woodwork or other items requiring a tough satin black lacquer finish.
~ Colour and AromaBlack spray. Characteristic aroma of solvents and aerosols
~ ContainerSupplied in a 400ml aerosol tin.
~ StorageStore in a cool, dry place, ideally between 10° and 30°C (50° and 90°F) Where possible. Protect from extreme heat and freezing. Keep out of direct sunlight.
~ Longevity – Use ByKept according to instructions, you can expect the product to last indefinitely. We recommend using the product within 12 months of purchase, though.
~ Food Contact and Toy Safe?Unknown – product has not been tested.
SAFETY FIRST! Always read product labels, wear appropriate PPE and take steps to ensure the safety of your workshop environment and the people in it!
~ Product Label Warning
DANGER: Contains n-butyl acetate, Hydrocarbons, C9, aromatics, 4-hydroxy-4-methylpentan-2-one,2-methylpropan-1-ol. Flammable liquid and vapour, Causes serious eye damage, May cause respiratory irritation, May cause drowsiness or dizziness. Suspected of damaging fertility or the unborn child. Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects. Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking. Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking. Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/eye protection/ face protection.IF SWALLOWED OR IN EYES: Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor. Do not expose to temperatures exceeding 50 °C/122 °F. Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local regulations.
~ Product Warning Symbols
Product warning symbols are displayed on products to highlight the potential dangers of some of the contents of the products – this is usually the solvents. In many cases, the warnings are irrelevant once the solvent has evaporated.
~ Safety Data Sheet
As the manufacturer, we cannot know all the uses the product may be used for. It is the user’s responsibility to determine suitability of use. If in doubt, contact us for advice.