DescriptionThis is our preferred sealer for use over the Intrinsic Colour Collection or other water-based wood stains. Note that it is common for a little of the added colour to be removed from the surface when using this product. See the Intrinsic Colour Collection for specific usage advice. Supplied in a 500ml (17.6oz) cone top bottle.
Two Minute Tutorial
~ Basic Application
- Shake well before use.
- Sand and finish your work as normal, ensuring the surface is dust free;
- If applying water based colour, do so before applying the sealer and allow the colours to dry completely;
- Evenly apply cellulose sanding sealer with a paper towel or cloth and allow to dry thoroughly;
- Apply more coats until wood surface is smooth, allowing to dry between coats;
- Lightly de-nib the dry sanding sealer before applying your final surface finish.
~ UsesUse for sealing decorative items before applying a final finish such as wax or lacquer.
~ Colour and AromaWhite in the bottle after shaking. Aroma of solvents.
~ ContainerSupplied in a 500ml ‘berg top’ tin bottle.
~ StorageStore in a cool, dry place, ideally between 10° and 30°C (50° and 90°F) Where possible. Protect from extreme heat and freezing. Keep out of direct sunlight.
~ Longevity – Use ByKept according to instructions, you can expect the product to last around 12 months from opening, depending on how often it is used. The product will thicken slowly over time as the solvents evaporate.
~ Food Contact and Toy Safe?Unknown – product has not been tested.
SAFETY FIRST! Always read product labels, wear appropriate PPE and take steps to ensure the safety of your workshop environment and the people in it!
DANGER: Highly flammable liquid and vapour. May be fatal if swallowed and enters airways. Causes skin irritation. Causes serious eye damage. May cause drowsiness or dizziness. Suspected of causing cancer. Suspected of damaging fertility. Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects. Keep out of reach of children children. Keep away from heat, hot . surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No Smoking. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. . Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Do NOT induce vomiting. Store locked up. Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local, regional, national or international regulations. Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking. May be harmful if swallowed or inhaled, or in contact with skin. May cause respiratory tract irritation.
~ Product Warning Symbols
Product warning symbols are displayed on products to highlight the potential dangers of some of the contents of the products – this is usually the solvents. In many cases, once the solvent has evaporated, the warnings are irrelevant.
~ Safety Data Sheet
As the manufacturer, we cannot know all the uses the product may be used for. It is the user’s responsibility to determine suitability of use. If in doubt, contact us for advice.